Only needing part 3 and 4 completed.
This is a CLC assignment.
Your health care team is presented with the following case:
A 6-year-old develops a high fever accompanied by violent vomiting and convulsions while at school. The child is rushed to a nearby hospital. The attending physician makes a diagnosis of meningitis and requests permission from the parents to initiate treatment. Both parents are Christian Scientists, and they insist that no medical treatment be given to the child. The physician initiates treatment anyway, and the parents later sue the physician and the hospital.
In a formal, written paper of 1,200-1,500 words, provide the following:
- Explain the ethical dilemma portrayed in this case.
- Describe the perspectives, needs, and expectations of each of the following health care stakeholders: (a) child, (b) parents, (c) physician, (d) health care staff, (e) hospital, (f) administrator, and (g) attorney.
- Summarize potentially conflicting values and principles that exist in this case based upon ethical theories and principles you have learned in this course.
- Assuming the role of the hospital administrator, provide a solution to resolve the identified ethical dilemma in this case.
- Include, at the end of your paper, a 200-word dialog in which you explain your decision to the family. (Remember to use language that the family would understand).
Include at least three scholarly, peer-reviewed references from the GCU Library to support your positions.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Pleas